Thursday, March 10, 2016

Close Combat Deff Dread

Welcome back!  I have been busy with work and school as usual, but I am now on spring break so I have been catching up on some hobby progress.  I am a part of the 1 Hour A Night group on Facebook to help me keep my hobby goals organized.  My commitment for this month is a project that I had in the back of my mind for a while, a Close Combat Deff Dread.  I had a few bits that I had picked up from a pal and decided to slap them on.
Mad Mek Screwbitz did some serious looting on this one.

I didn't glue in the lower jaw or the Saws so I could manipulate the model a bit better.  For some reason, I like to punish myself by assembling the whole thing and then trying to paint.
As usual, I use a lot of different blues for my Deff Skullz, thinking that they would just use whatever rather than try to color match at the hardware store.  I went back and forth on the Wraithknight sword trying to decide what colors to use.  I also struggled with the face.  My son suggested Green for the face like an Ork and that tied everything else together.

The colors are coming together.  I still need to do some justice to that Bloodthirster axe and fix some details.  More to come soon.  Comments always welcome!

4 comments:

  1. That's certainly one interesting model you've got there Mek & goes a long way to show that there is nothing that orks won't us.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I always say that every kit is an Ork kit!

      Delete
  2. The green face is a great choice; it looks very orky. This thing is wicked, I'd love to know how he got hold of those weapons...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marc. Hmmm... Perhaps a short story is in order?

      Delete