Sunday, February 28, 2016

Dakka-jet Conversion

Hello everybody!  I have been pretty busy with school and work but I have managed to finish up a Dakka-jet that I had converted a while back.  I love looting things!


I think it turned out pretty Orky.  As some of you know, I tend to take anything that used to belong to the Space Marines and make it Blood Angels.  I know that Blood Angels don't have a Stormtalon in their codex but I just couldn't resist.
I am still practicing my freehand checks.  I know they need some work, but Orks aren't very artistic in my opinion.

The wings still rotate which I always thought was the coolest thing about this kit.
This was also a chance to practice hazard stripes!
I think I just need to do a touch of rust and bit of weathering, but I am really happy with how it turned out.  Next up for me is finishing a bunch of abandoned painting.  I have my 90% Deff Dred, my 85% Percent weirdboy, a bunch of Nobz, some boyz.  I am also going to get back to building as I want to up my Trukk count to at least six.  Thanks for checking it out!

5 comments:

  1. Perhaps Blood Angels don't have any Storm Talons because the Orks nicked them all ;-) Great conversion and I love the varied paint scheme. I think it needs more hazard stripes though, no way that thing is passing rego!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just might paint something in all hazard stripes....

      Delete
  2. I love it Mek & your right orks should loot everything, but the high point for me needlessly to say is the grot hanging on at the back lol.

    Also remember orks paint things the way they want to paint them so all paint work is well done, keep up the good work & I'll have a post on my blog in the next week or so that might surprise you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have been on fire! This jet looks WAAAAGHtastical! I love all the little details and character!

    ReplyDelete