This Summer sure is going fast. Our FLGS held a samll escalation league over the past 5 weeks and I have been busy trying to paint some demons. One of the rules to our new army league was that we needed to have our initial two units painted by the end in order to be eligible for prizes. My record isn't good enough to win as of now but I think I am the closest to being finished with the painting (some people haven't even started!). With a little over a week to go, I am sure I will finish on time.
I tried a bunch of different things for these guys since I had never painted anything chaosy before. That, coupled with the fact that I love my individuality as an Ork player, made it really hard to paint more than two the exact same way.
I have a nice mix of different pinks, purples, reds, and even a blue horror.
I decided to mix up the colors of the flames as well to keep it chaotic.
I used instant coffee with PVA glue on all of the bases to keep it uniform. I like the muddy, blood slime look.
The blue horror is just starting to turn into a pink horror. I used wet-blending for the first time on his tail.
All in all, I am pretty happy with the way they turned out. Now I just need to finish my Bloodletters.
Thanks for checking it out.