Hello! Thank you to all of the wonderful people who check out my blog. For those of you who have just found it, here is a big thanks as well: THANKS! Last time, I wrapped up my year in hobby as a part of the Dave Weston 2014/2015 Hobby Season To Do List. Now it is time for me to make some commitments for the upcoming season.
This list is just a suggestion and not a "must do to feel good about myself". In the form it is about to take, it reflects how I am feeling in the hobby at the time. I will do things that are not on the list. That is okay because, ALL PROGRESS IS PROGRESS! Yes! Last time I finished 5 out of my 18 goals and I was very, very happy. I was very happy to learn a bunch about myself and my hobby this past year. My friend and fellow blogger, Benjamin Brun, suggested that I take my new list to the "next level". Sounds like a good idea to me!
Last year I had both painting and modeling goals. I plan on doing the same thing this time. However, most of my early season will be geared toward the Las Vegas Open 2016. LVO is one of the biggest 40k gatherings in North America, and I will be attending this year. I am probably going to play in the Grand Tournament because of peer pressure from my friends. I was leaning more toward the friendly. My friend Zeus was Best Dark Eldar last year and he really wants me to play in the GT. I really need to practice! Enough exposition! On to the list.
1. Paint the Tankbustas. My list runs 40 Tankbustas. 4 units of 10 in Trukks. LVO will have very hard lists and 40 STR 8 AP 3 shots with Tank Hunter is just what my Orks need to fight Super Heavys. I had these guys shoot a Fire Raptor out of the sky with one round of shooting! (20 Finished!)
2. 5 Trukks. My Tankbustas need a way to get around the field, and Trukks are the best thing to get them into position quickly. 4 Trukks go to the Tankbustas while Trukk number five foes to my next init on the list. (2 Finished!)
8. My abstract goal will be to finish the half started figures. This includes Weirdboy #3, Deffdread, some shoota boyz, and a few other odds and ends.
That is a lot of painting to finish by February!
2. Orkify my Skyshield Landing Pad. I have a lot of cool ideas for this one.
3. Finish Dad's Dakkajet. I just need to do the wing reinforcements on the bottom and the underside rivets. I also need to pin a flying base that has some weight to it since this jet is a heavy sucka.
4. Finish all of the Stormboyz that I have in pieces (15 or so).
5. Finish the last three Tiki Kanz.
6. Display Board. I am not sure about this but it has been in the back of my mind for a while.
7. Big Mek with a Shokk Attack Gun on a freakin' BIKE! YOU CAN DO THIS!!!!! RELENTLESS!!!! OMG!!!!! Sorry, I have wanted to do this for a while.
8. Orkjective Markers. I really want to do some of these. I have a few ideas and a great piece of material to start from. (3 Done!)
Whew! That is a good sized list. The LVO stuff is the most important for me. I want my army to look as good as I can make it. Time is an issue, as always, since I still work 50 hours a week and go to the University. I will try to stick with at least an hour a night (after homework of course). Wish me luck! Remember, if you haven't joined you should. It is free and this group is very supportive. The Hobby Season is a way to celebrate success and progress. It is a way for us to share ideas and cheer each other on. We all love this hobby. It is great that we can take enjoyment from not only our own goals, but others too. Pop on over to Dave's site (I have a link at the top and he's in my blogroll under confessions of a 40k addict) and look at the most recent 2015/2016 post. Drop him a line if you are interested. He also has the cool badges that you can download and share. Thanks for checking me out. Feel free to comment.