Tuesday, June 7, 2016

ITC Tournament with Orks at 1500 Points

Hello everyone!  I recently had a chance to play in a tournament at a new game store here in town.  The Sex Panther's 40k ITC June Event was the inaugural 40k tournament for Military Gamer Supply and they plan on doing more in the future.  Of course I brought Orks.  I took a variation of my list from LVO mainly so I wouldn't need to commit to painting any new units.  I had already finished a Trukk squad and two more Trukks since LVO so I had those ready to go as well.  On to the carnage!  WAAGH!!!
Team Sex Panther.  60% of the time, they win all of the time.


 My list was running the Zhadsnark Star with Tankbustas and Lootas.  I decided against taking the Big Mek Stompa since that unit alone would be 1/3 of my army by itself.
CAD
Zhadsnark
Painboy w/bike
10 Warbikerz plus one Nob with Klaw
3 Warbikerz
3 Warbikerz
10 Grots w/Runtherd
5 Lootas
5 Lootas

Great Waaagh
Warboss w/bike and Big Bosspole
11 boyz + Nob w/Klaw and Bosspole and Trukk w/Ram
11 boyz + Nob w/Klaw and Bosspole and Trukk w/Ram
10 Tankbustas w/Trukk and Ram
10 Tankbustas w/Trukk and Ram

That gave me 4 ObSec units plus a lot of other scoring options which I felt would play well to the tournament missions.  Three rounds missions 4,5, and 6 from the ITC mission packet.

Game 1 vs Alan's Astra Militarum
Alan was running a Tank list with a voidshield and a Knight.  Alan's knight had LED lights and it played music!  Alan would play songs on his turn to pump up his team.  I had a hard time with having to run up the table while getting blown to pieces.  I was pretty lucky the first two rounds since Alan's dice were pretty cold.  My Lootas kept stripping the shields but other than that my shooting was largely ineffective.  I finally killed a tank on turn three.  Gun line did play to my advantage for grabbing objectives, or so I thought.  I tried to gamble on the controlling three objectives option in the new ITC mission rules but Alan managed to shoot me off of 3 of the 4 objectives I had.
WAAGH!

So those Lootas in the building were out of range and had to spend two turns climbing down...

Skyfire tank killed a bunch of stuff randomly
After my failed gambit, Alan ended up winning Secondary pretty easily.  I took Primary and ended up winning Tertiary by getting Big Game Hunter after my Bike Star killed his Knight in close combat.  Orks win 6-4

Game 2 vs Paul's Eldar with a Knight and a Skyhammer

Paul was definitely running a tournament list.  No fluff in sight!  His Eldar Scat bikes held back behind his Knight Atropos while his Skyhammer dropped in turn 1 right in my face.  Grav and Melta to the face after Paul stole the initiative.

So the Marines drop in, kill a Trukk and little else.The Knight moves up and uses the biggest Template that I have ever seen, but only a few bikes from the Star die.  I follow up by eating all four of his Marine squads with my boyz and shoot off the one bike squad that was trying to hold an objective with loota fire.  His Knight then proceeds to obliterate a Tankbusta squad and kill off all of the regular warbikes in the star.
 
Seriously?
 I had the bike star join the other unit of three bikes to add some ablative wounds to the unit and then charged the Knight.  I felt very confident that I could kill the thing.  I managed to deal 5 hullpoints as my regular Warboss missed 4 out of 5 attacks.  That combat was the true turning point in the game as the knight wrecked everything else that I had.  I finally got close enough with my last Power Klaw to take it out on turn 4, but by then it was already over.  I ended up getting tabled.  Ork Loss 0-11.

Game 3 vs Aaron's Eldar

This was an uneventful game for the most part.  I killed one unit of Scat Bikes while his crazy Skatchahahhrth(Spelling?) Wraithknight killed my whole army pretty quickly.  I still had fun and I had a slim chance of stealing Primary if he would have rolled terrible, but he rolled average and almost tabled my.  Zhadsnark was the only survivor for my Orks but I did manage Linebreaker and First Blood.   Ork Loss 2-9
This guy is dangerous...wait what is that?
Wait..

AAAAAAA!!!!
I think this guy was the secret to Aaron's success!  All in all I had a very fun tournament with three great opponents.  I did manage to take home Best Painted army (partly because I had one of the few totally painted armies).  Next time I want to try out something from the new "Orkurion" but I have a lot of boyz to clean up before then.  Thanks for reading.  Feel free to comment and don't be afraid to follow me on Google+.

10 comments:

  1. Well done on winning best army Mek.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks,Frank. I was actually pretty surprised. There was a great looking AdMech army there as well that I thought would take it.

      Delete
  2. Well done on winning best army Mek.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! It sounds like apart from some horrible Deathstar units you gave them a run for their money.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Game 1 and 2 were close, but it was really the Wraithknight and the other knight in that ate my lunch. I'm working on a different list currently but I have a ton to paint for it.

      Delete
  4. That's a really good moment it seems :) I love to see your Waaghh!! bikers, this massive force is impressive.

    N.B : I think the spider has been searching spectral spider god or goddess :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Ben. I still feel like I need more bikes!

      Delete
  5. Awesome that you won a game! Good job taking the orks to the ITC and punching people in the mini's! (Congrats on best army! Everyone loves orks. I swear everyone routes for you just for bringing them these days!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Greg! Good to hear from you again. I agree that everyone seems to love Orks. Everyone I played was so excited to battle, "I love playing against Orks, Orks are so fun to play against."

      Delete
    2. Same response when I play! Of course they get confused when I tell them I've only got walkers...the look in their head saying "but aren't walkers awful?"

      Delete